I’ve had a lot going on in my life lately and have been in need of more strength. Not bad things, but just things that take lots of energy. Things like…
- my daughter and my son both getting married about 4 months apart (which also includes wedding planning, bridal showers, shopping for dresses and shoes, compiling guest lists, designing invitations, having family over, etc., etc.)
- gaining 2 precious grandchildren which I want to spend lots of time with (and now have a 3rd one on the way!)
- Christmas – all the parties and events, purchasing or making gifts, wrapping gifts, baking, etc.
- my dad having a heart attack and being rushed to the hospital and getting a stent put in the day before Christmas (The timing was perfect. He got to see the Dr. right away – he had almost no damage to his heart and is totally fine now. 🙂 )
- getting to speak on “Pretty Power Prayers” at a women’s retreat – this took lots of time and energy to prepare for, although I loved every minute of it
- co-leading a weekly Bible Study
Like I said, I have been in need of more strength, so I looked up Bible verses on strength and began praying them and agreeing with what God says about me. It has made a HUGE difference in my life! I have been able to make it through all of the events I listed above. And, not just get through them, but do so joyfully, being fully present, and enjoying the little things! I’m not saying I haven’t gotten tired. I have. In fact, it took a week after each wedding for me to recover and feel back to my normal self. However, I praise the LORD that I did not get sick, or hurt, or angry or depressed. I rest when I need to rest, and when I rest in His love, I am strengthened.
So here are Sixteen Scriptures on STRENGTH, in case you might be needing more strength too.
- I walk in the strength of the LORD. -Psalm 71:16 TLB
- You bless all those who depend on you for their strength. -Psalm 84:5 CEV
- Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” -Nehemiah 8:10 NIV
- He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. -Isaiah 40:29 NLT
- The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. -Exodus 15:2 NLT
- You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet. -2 Samuel 22:40
- But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31 NLT
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. -Isaiah 41:10 NLT
- I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. -Daniel 2:23 NLT
- The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. -Habakkuk 3:19 NLT
- And endurance develops strength of character, and characterstrengthens our confident hope of salvation. -Romans 5:4 NLT
- A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church. -1 Corinthians 14:4 NLT
- I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. -Ephesians 3:16 NLT
- For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13 NLT
- So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them. -Hebrews 13:9 NLT
- But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. -2 Thessalonians 3:3 NLT
I chose several of these Scriptures and wrote them out on some pretty prayer journaling cards. I find that when I write something down it helps me to remember it better. And I like to use pretty cards because they make me want to look at the Scripture more often than if it was just on plain paper. I am not a minimalist. I love lots of color, florals, and cute patterns.
I make my own pretty prayer cards, but have had some requests to make them available for others to use, so I printed some up and made a few little Bible Journaling Kits. They are now available for purchase on Etsy or on Spreesy.
If you want one, you better snatch one while you can because I only made 5 kits.
(Just click the image above.)
Psst!!! If you’d like some FREE printable prayer journal cards, just fill out the form below.