Have you ever planted a garden?
So first, I had to get rid of all the “weeds.”
The theme for this month’s Delight in the Word Challenge is: A TIME TO SOW
- Pray before you begin, asking Holy Spirit to reveal truth to you.
- Look up that word in the dictionary (book or online).
- Look up the definition in a Bible dictionary.
- Look up synonyms and anyonyms
- Do a search for the word you are going to study on Biblegateway.com or on the Bible app. Then read all the verses that contain that word. (Doing this alone is always so eye-opening to me to see how a word is used throughout the Bible.)
- Pick out a few verses that contain that word and read the entire chapter so you understand the context.
- Look up a few of the verses using blueletterbible.com and look up the meaning in the interlinear concordance.
- Compile your notes and write out the biblical definition of the word based on your study.
(To learn more about how to do a Word Study, I highly recommend Bible Study Methods by Arabah Joy.)
In the video below, I talk about what it means to sow, and why sowing is important.
To help you “sow” the Word of God in your heart, I created the Delight in the Word Club.
I created it for those who want to grow their own faith AND also encourage others in their faith.
When you join, (for $2/mo. or $10/mo) each month you will receive a whole bunch of pretty printables that coincide with the Delight in the Word Challenge. $10/mo. members also receive a video tutorial.
So this month, the printables will all be within the theme of sowing, gardening, flourishing, etc. They include things like coloring pages, Bible journaling templates, wall art, Scripture memory cards, journaling cards, greeting cards, bookmarks, and more.
And they are all created by me personally, so you know they are gonna be CUTE! 🙂
Here is another great opportunity to sow good seeds to help you flourish in life:
The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle (Only available thru May 6, 2019)