As I was preparing to send out a Labor Day email, the Bible verse Hebrews 4:11 came to mind. It says that we are to “labor” to enter God’s rest. It seems like a contradiction, but It was a great reminder to me personally, to quit striving so hard to fix everybody and everything, and to instead, focus on staying in God’s presence and peace.
I wanted to study the concept of rest and peace further and fill my mind with God’s Word on this subject, so that is when I felt lead to create this month’s Delight in the Word Challenge on the theme of The Power of Rest and Peace.
I pray that it blesses you as much as it has blessed me to prepare it. I can’t help but continue to fall more and more in love with the Word of God. It nourishes my soul, strengthens my inner man and delights my heart. So often, like a cool glass of water on a hot day, it is just what I need at that very moment in life.
Here is the September Delight in the Word Challenge Calendar.
Click the image below to save the image to your phone, tablet or computer. Or click HERE to download a PDF file for printing.
If you are new to the DITW Monthly Challenges, here’s how to participate…
- Use the Scriptures listed as a starting point to delight in the Word.
- Then get creative using writing, lettering, doodling, Bible journaling, painting, coloring, etc. —whatever will help you hide it in your heart and meditate on it the entire week.
- Take a pic and post it in my Delight in the Word with JoDitt Facebook group and/or on Instagram using #DITWchallenge.
Participating in the monthly DITW challenge will give you:
- a starting point, to eliminate overwhelm and decision fatigue
- motivation and inspiration
- a reason to do it NOW
- opportunity to fellowship with kindred spirits (Join my Delight in the Word with JoDitt FB group for this.)
To get free printables related to this challenge, be sure to sign up using the form below (if you haven’t already) and/or join my Delight in the Word with JoDitt Facebook group.
FOR ADDITIONAL STUDY ON REST & PEACE:
I highly recommend the following resources by Graham Cooke. His perspective on REST has been life-changing for me!